3 Ideas For Spring Home Improvement Projects In Seattle, Washington
Leo Tolstoy said, “Spring is the time of plans and projects.” If you’re like me, every spring you want to let in the fresh air and clean out the cobwebs to get your home looking its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Seattle to get your home looking like new.
1. Go Through A Spring Checkup For Energy Efficiency And Safety
Spring is a great time to make sure all of your home’s systems are working properly for the coming summer months. Here are some things you should inspect every spring in Seattle:
- HVAC System. Run your air conditioning system to make sure it can handle the summer heat. Increase your HVAC system’s energy efficiency by swapping out your air conditioning and furnace filters. Some HVAC companies provide this service for a small cost.
- Smoke Detectors. Keep your loved ones safe by testing your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. Put fresh batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around windows, doors, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for cracks. Fix the caulking as you go. Add window treatments, such as plantation shutters, to improve your window’s energy efficiency and temperature control. Open and close every window to make sure that they can move freely.
2. Give Your House A Deep Clean So That It Shines
The best way to make your house sparkle is with a deep clean. Start by decluttering your rooms to open up your home. Next, clean areas you don’t scrub regularly such as kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, floors, and ceiling fans. Shine up your kitchen and bathroom fixtures. Move your furniture to clean the areas under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture as well.
Let in more light by cleaning your windows. Wash your windows and screens to remove smudges and dust. Clean any shutters, draperies, or other window treatments. You can clean your blinds with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
Now that you’ve cleaned your house and decluttered it, it’s time for the fun part: redecorating.
The simplest way to redecorate your home is to find new ways to use things you already have. You can give your room a whole new look by rearranging the furniture. You can also shop your home. This means you switch out the accessories and furniture you already have between rooms. Bring in more color with fresh paint, bright accent pillows, and plants.
If you’re ready to completely redo a room’s design, then look through our idea gallery for ideas and inspiration. It’s full of photos of stunning rooms and window treatments for all areas of your home. Once you’ve picked the style and color scheme for your room, you can look for matching furniture, paint colors, and accessories.
Window treatments are a simple item to update that complements your current furnishings and brightens your home. You can pick from a range of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters as well as blinds and shades.
Check Out More Design Tips
If you need even more ideas for your home, take a look at our design tips. And when you discover a look and window treatment that you like, give us a call at 360-464-2277 or fill out the form below to set up a free in-home consultation. Our team will help you choose the right window treatment to give your room a beautiful, fresh look this spring.